The Message in the Bottle with Stephanie McAuliffe
In This Episode…
- Breaking free of the shame and secrecy associated with living with an alcoholic.
- Understanding the “why” behind some of what we do
- Findingforgivenessfor ourselves and others.
Ways to Listen to this Episode:
- Use the player above to listen/download the episode from this page
- Listen on Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Google Play Music or Stitcher Radio (don't forget to rate, review and subscribe!)
- Thedisease of alcoholism often runs in familiesand the effect can devastate multiple generations.When we don’t talk aboutwhat’s going on, we internalize the energy and it makes us sick.
- We spend the majority of our time and energyfocused on the drinker and we often lose ourselves.
- Acceptance doesn’t mean agreement.
- Findforgivenessfor others doesn't mean that we are condoning what happened and reconciling.
- Understandingwhypeople did what they did may help you let go of the judgment you have felt aboutwhatthey did. This will help free you from that negative energy.
What You Can Do
Girls and women need to be able to talk about the issues they face. There are things we do that our mothers and grandmothers did, and we don't know why, but it's ingrained in us. So it takes a conscious effort to change.
Even if the other person doesn't change, we can learn how to change how we react to them.
Do not continue to talk about people who have done you wrong in a critical way, because it keeps you in that negative energy you lived with when you were around them.
Have empathy for those who are struggling with something.
Connect with My Guest
, Author, Coach
Links and Resources
Get your free copy of Stephanie's book, The Message in the Bottle: Finding Hope and Peace Amidst the Chaos of Living with an Alcoholic.
Ask and Share!
Ask questions and share your feedback:
KIWD Patreon Page
Clicking on the graphic above will take you to my Patreon page, where you can commit to be a sponsor of this show in varying amounts. You can opt to donate one-time production credits to support this podcast using the link below. These one-time credits do not expire, and are an optimal way to support the post production of podcasts you enjoy... like mine! - Donate for Podcast Production Credits
Exclusive Podcast Content!
Get special clips just for my loyal listeners, and learn how to create your own podcast with my free checklist!